Features and Benefits of Class A Motorhomes
These days many people are switching from travel trailer and fifth wheel to Class A motorhomes as their vehicle for travelling. They can be seen everywhere now. And for those who are not aware, there are many benefits of travelling in Class A motorhome. However, there are some features which might not be beneficial depending on particular situation.
1. On open roads, Class A motorhomes are very comfortable to drive.
2. They provide much more space, amenities and comfort as compared to other less roomy, smaller motorhomes. You can easily get Class A motorhome, either pre owned or fresh.
3. There is nothing to worry about the compatibility issues. When you drive your vehicle with RV behind it, you have to make sure they are synchronized with each other. In case the alignment is not proper you will be fighting against the driving wheel all the time. It can make your ride dangerous on highways. In Class A vehicle, everything comes in one package. Just turn the ignition and go.
4. If you are faced with a bad weather, you don’t have to move out anywhere, as everything is there inside with you. You have to do certain amount of setup when you tow a vehicle, this means you will have to swap between the RV and the tow vehicle. You are already in a home, when you drive a Class A vehicle.
Something to Think of:
1. Cost: Everything comes at a price. Manufacturers pack in everything one can think of. But the more number of features are packed, the higher will be the price. Class A motorhomes with the latest features are really expensive. However, there is way out available in the form of pre – owned Class A vehicle. Cost factor is the first thing to think of when you go out to purchase.
2. Class A vehicles are spacious, but this extra room can be uncomfortable at times. This is true particularly when you have to drive through a town or have to make frequent stops. It is difficult to set up this vehicle every time. However, for short period movements, you can carry a bicycle with you. The second thing to think of is how you will make several short movements.
3. Like any other mechanical object, fifth vehicle or Class A motorhomes go through their own wear and tear. In case they break down all of a sudden you may have to spend a day or two in a hotel. In most of the cases, the repair company will fix the vehicle on the same day. But, everything depends on how much is the damage. A plus point with a towed vehicle is that, you have one vehicle, when the other is been taken away and fixed.
4. The more expensive the model, the longer it will be. This will leave you with limited options as to where you can campground. Many places do not have room to accommodate long vehicles.